Community of Educational Technology Support (ComETS)
ComETS is an Iowa State University community that promotes dialog and events focused on technology in learning & teaching. ComETS is a university-wide community where ideas and resources can be shared, and debate can occur on future technology directions at ISU. ComETS is open to all interested ISU faculty and staff.
- Facilitate dialog about learning & teaching technology issues facing ISU
- Focus faculty needs to help provide direction to technology providers
- Inform and educate one another about campus technology initiatives
- Coordinate and provide a periodic learning and teaching technology event for the entire campus community
- Provide a vehicle to bring national technology issues and trends to the broader ISU community
ComETS has established a listserv to promote and maintain dialog about educational technology at Iowa State. We also share news and publicize events related to educational technology. Any interested faculty, staff, and graduate students are welcome to participate.
Audience Response Systems at ISU
Central technology support staff recently partnered to assess the current Turning Technologies ARS solution and to gain an overview of the current ARS market. We did this to help identify solutions that could meet the current and future needs of ISU faculty, students and academic support staff. Soon, we will be looking for participants to pilot some of the solutions identified in this report and any we discover during the upcoming RFI process. Read More
Faculty Attitudes on Technology
Inside Higher Ed recently released their 2014 Survey of Faculty Attitudes on Technology which makes for some thought-provoking reading. Click the button below to access the Inside Higher Ed page for a comprehensive summary of this report and a link to the full report. Read More