Community of Educational Technology Support (ComETS)
ComETS is an Iowa State University community that promotes dialog and events focused on technology in learning & teaching. ComETS is a university-wide community where ideas and resources can be shared, and debate can occur on future technology directions at ISU. ComETS is open to all interested ISU faculty and staff.
- Facilitate dialog about learning & teaching technology issues facing ISU
- Focus faculty needs to help provide direction to technology providers
- Inform and educate one another about campus technology initiatives
- Coordinate and provide a periodic learning and teaching technology event for the entire campus community
- Provide a vehicle to bring national technology issues and trends to the broader ISU community
ComETS has established a listserv to promote and maintain dialog about educational technology at Iowa State. We also share news and publicize events related to educational technology. Any interested faculty, staff, and graduate students are welcome to participate.
Faculty Attitudes on Technology
Inside Higher Ed recently released their 2014 Survey of Faculty Attitudes on Technology which makes for some thought-provoking reading. Clcik the button below to access the Inside Higher Ed page for a comprehensive summary of this report and a link to the full report. Read More
Diana Oblinger Lecture: The Beginning of Something Big: IT and the Post–Traditional World
This lecture was presented at Iowa State University on April 21st when Dr. Diana Oblinger was invited to talk to the ISU community as part of the Women's Leadership Series and Women in STEM Series. Watch Video