Community of Educational Technology Support (ComETS)
ComETS is an Iowa State University community that promotes dialog and events focused on technology in learning & teaching. ComETS is a university-wide community where ideas and resources can be shared, and debate can occur on future technology directions at ISU. ComETS is open to all interested ISU faculty and staff.
- Facilitate dialog about learning & teaching technology issues facing ISU
- Focus faculty needs to help provide direction to technology providers
- Inform and educate one another about campus technology initiatives
- Coordinate and provide a periodic learning and teaching technology event for the entire campus community
- Provide a vehicle to bring national technology issues and trends to the broader ISU community
ComETS has established a listserv to promote and maintain dialog about educational technology at Iowa State. We also share news and publicize events related to educational technology. Any interested faculty, staff, and graduate students are welcome to participate.
HapYak is an interactive video platform which allows teachers to incorporate features such as overlays, chapters, quizzes and links in order to create an interactive learning experience. Read more...
2016 Horizon Report
The NMC Horizon Report > 2016 Higher Education Edition is now out in its 13th edition and describes annual findings from the NMC Horizon Project, an ongoing research project designed to identify and describe emerging technologies likely to have an impact on learning, teaching, and creative inquiry in education. Six key trends, six significant challenges, and six important developments in educational technology are placed directly in the context of their likely impact on the core missions of universities and colleges, and detailed in succinct, non-technical, and unbiased presentations. Click below to read more about the different challenges and developments and how they may influence your teaching or the learning of your students. Read more...